As festivals and events continue to grow and diversify, finding a place in the market has become an increasingly daunting task.
From a concert perspective, many organisers here in Dubai opt for the big-name acts and few stick to the lesser-known artists. There is more choice then ever before, particularly with all the bands from the 80’s and 90’s reforming and touring once more.
However, with more variables, there are obviously more risks. The location, line-up, look and feel of the event, weather etc… are all aspects which can make or break your event.
If you get the mix right you can have a very popular and well-run event, with a small profit margin if you are lucky. If you get it wrong, you risk jeopardising the company image and name and also end up with huge debts.
Here are some key factors to keep in mind when planning concerts:
- Keep costs low by avoiding the usual venues that charge an arm and a leg to hire
- Make sure you have all the correct permissions in place for all artists performing
- Make sure you avoid any dates which already have significant events confirmed and could pull any of your audience away
- Market it well for 2-3 weeks prior to the event (we all know everybody is last minute here in Dubai!)
- Stick to general admission and VIP packages only. Offering too many layers of tickets just adds too much confusion
- Make sure you choose artists that appeal to a wide proportion of the population
- Work closely with the food and beverage provider to ensure the overall experience is going to be slick, well-priced and enjoyable for everyone.