80s Rewind Festival
80′s REWIND is regarded as one of the biggest 80’s concerts the Middle East region has ever seen with an incredible lineup starring Rick Astley, Heaven 17, A.B.C, Howard Jones and T’Pau.
Over 10,000 people attended the event organised by the Global Event Management Group and sponsored by Blackberry, Radio 2, Heineken, Bacardi and Moet & Chandon.
The event was supported by an international media and marketing campaign resulting in extensive social media and PR coverage and over 20,000 Facebook likes within a one month period.
Global Event Management was at the forefront in planning, organising, marketing and executing the concert, playing a huge part in the overall success of the event.
Main components of the marketing and media campaign included:
- A dedicated microsite
- Extensive integrated social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Comprehensive email marketing and online marketing campaigns reaching over 3 million people in the region
- $4 million dedicated PR campaigns in English and Arabic, radio and television advertising for increased reach
- Media buying, sponsorships and banner advertising campaigns with leading websites of the region including Virgin Megastore, AME Info, Dubizzle and many others
- Additional newspaper and magazine advertising, signage banners, flyers, display advertising across Dubai including shopping mall promotions
"I would like to thank you for a fantastic event. We thoroughly enjoyed it and I personally got to the very front and danced till 2am!!! So to you and your team. Congratulations on a wonderful and well organised event!"